13.30 – 14.00 Registration and welcome coffee
14.00 – 14.05 Opening remarks by Suchitra Nair Director, EMEA Centre for Regulatory Strategy, Deloitte
14.05 – 14.20 Keynote address by Martin Merlin Director, Dir D – Regulation and prudential supervision of financial institutions, DG FISMA, European Commission
14.20 – 15.55 Session 1: Digital transformation of Europe’s financial services
14.20 – 14.30 Introductory remarks by Eva Kaili Member of the European Parliament
14.30 – 14.40 Introductory remarks by Beverly Sawyers Vice President, International Consumer Operational Excellence, American Express
14.40 – 15.55 Panel discussion
- How is digital technology reshaping he financial landscape?
- What are the advantages with the new technology? What are the challenges?
- What role will artificial intelligence, AI, and robot advice play in the future?
- What role will blockchain technology play in the digital transformation?
- How will European consumers benefit from the technology?
- Is the regulatory framework future proof or are adaptations needed?
Eva Kaili Member of the European Parliament
Beverly Sawyers Vice President, International Consumer Operational Excellence, American Express
Adriana Ennab Director, Public Policy Europe & UK, Credit Suisse Securities (Europe) Ltd.
Guillaume Prache Managing Director, Better Finance
Suchitra Nair Director, EMEA Centre for Regulatory Strategy, Deloitte
15.55 – 16.15 Refreshments & networking
16.15 – 18.00 Session 2: Transformation towards sustainable financial services
16.15 – 16.20 Opening remarks by Eric Dugelay Partner, Deloitte Sustainability Services & Member of the TCFD
16.20 – 16.35 Keynote by Yvon Slingenberg Director of International, Mainstreaming and Policy Coordination, DG CLIMA, European Commission
16.35 – 16.45 Introductory remarks by Paul Tang Member of the European Parliament
16.45 – 16.55 Introductory remarks by Olivier Boutellis-Taft Chief Executive, Accountancy Europe
16.55 – 18.00 Panel discussion
Possible discussion points
- What role can the financial system play in accomplishing a sustainable economy?
- How can the financial risks stemming from climate change, environmental degradation and social issues be managed?
- How can we direct capital flows towards sustainable investments?
- How can financial transparency and long-termism be encouraged?
- Are common EU taxonomy and EU labels as proposed by the European Commission the right way to go?
- Is the low carbon benchmark proposal fit for purpose?
- What is it the responsibility of investors and financial advisors in taking sustainability into account?
- How can sustainability be incorporated in prudential requirements?
Paul Tang Member of the European Parliament
Martin Spolc Head of Unit C1 – Capital Markets Union, DG FISMA, European Commission
Tom Jess Senior Researcher on EU Sustainable Finance, E3G – Third Generation Environmentalism Ltd.
Raphal Delli Head of Group Representation to the EU, Group BPCE
Olivier Boutellis-Taft Chief Executive, Accountancy Europe
Eric Dugelay Partner, Deloitte Sustainability Services & Member of the TCFD