Possible discussion points:
- Who should bear the burden of bank resolution? How do we get the taxpayers off the hook?
- How do we find the right balance between bail-in and the Single Bank Resolution Fund as a loss-absorbing tool?
- How can we ensure a solid governance of the SRM? How can the roles and responsibilities be clearly defined?
- How should the Single Resolution Board be designed?
- How should the centralized bank resolution be organized?
- What are the preconditions needed before the Single Bank Resolution Fund can start to operate? How soon could it start to operate?
- What is a plausible scope for the SRM?
Kathrin Blanck-Putz Team Leader, Unit 02 – Financial Services Policy, Relations with the Council, DG MARKT European Commission
Peter Brierley Head of Policy, Special Resolution Unit, Bank of England
Juan Manuel Viver Policy Officer, EuroFinUse
Wim Mijs CEO, Dutch Banking Association
Moderator: Jan Strupczewski EU Economic and Monetary Affairs Correspondent, Thomson Reuters