26 October 2021 | 14.00 – 17.00 CET
14.00 – 14.30 Registration, virtual and in-person networking
14.30 – 14.35 Introductory remarks by the moderator
14.35 – 15.10 Introductory remarks by speakers (7min per speaker)
15.05 – 16.10 Panel discussion and Q&A
16.10 – 17.00 Virtual and in-person networking
- Will the European Commission’s achieve its goal and successfully close the loopholes and avoid future money laundering scandals?
- What will the new EU AML authority mean for the fight against financial crime? What role can the new authority play in making sure that rules be applied more consistently across the EU?
- How will the new authority affect EBA’s work?
- What difference can a single EU rule book make?
- Will the new rules covering crypto assets prevent and detect their use for money laundering and terrorist financing? Will not criminals just simply use the darknet to circumvent those rules?
Luis Garicano Member of the European Parliament
Raluca Prun_ Head of Unit D2 – Financial Crime, DG FISMA, European Commission
Che Sidanius Global Head of Financial Crime & Industry Affairs, Refinitiv, LSEG
Elie Beyrouthy Vice President, European Government Affairs, American Express
Moderated by Jack Schickler Senior Financial Services Correspondent, MLex Market Insight