11 October 2017, 14.00 – 18.00, registration and welcome coffee from 13.30
Renaissance Hotel, Rue du Parnasse 19, 1050 Brussels
13.30 – 14.00 Registration and welcome coffee
14.00 – 15.50 Session 1: Third country regime, supervision and Euroclearing
- Would the proposal achieve its intended objectives of ensuring financial stability, supporting the CMU project and increased competition?
- What will be the impacts of a location policy on EU counterparties (Clearing Members and clients)?
- Would there be impacts from the cost of fragmentation of the global liquidity pool of IRS clearing? And on repo clearing?
- Would relocation of euroclearing within the EU post-Brexit impact the euro as a global reserve currency?
- What would be the impacts of a location policy on non-Eurozone member States v. Eurozone States?
- Should ESMA be given the role of direct supervision of systemic CCPs?
15.50 – 16.10 Coffee break
16.10 – 18.00 Session 2: REFIT proposal: scope, reporting & trade repositories
- How can the burden arising from reporting historical trades (backloading) best be addressed?
- How can the burden arising from reporting of intragroup transactions best be addressed?
- How can the reporting of exchange-traded derivatives be simplified?
- How can the reporting of OTC derivatives be simplified?
- How can the quality and the transparency of the data reported to trade repositories be improved?
- How can the transparency of OTC derivatives positions and exposures be improved?
- How can the clearing obligation to pensions schemes arrangements best be calibrated?
- How can we achieve proportionality for non-financial counterparties and for small financial counterparties?
- Should supervisors be given a clear mandate to approve initial margin models for uncleared derivatives contracts?
- How can the transparency of CCPs’ margin requirements be improved?
Vincent Derbali Policy Officer, Unit C2 – Financial Markets Infrastructure, DG FISMA, European Commission
Danuta Maria Hbner Member of the European Parliament
Jan Ceyssens Member of Cabinet of Vice-President Valdis Dombrovskis, European Commission
Erik Mller CEO, Eurex Clearing AG
Michalis Sotiropoulos Head of Brussels Office, DTCC
Robert Barnes Director of Regulation, FIA
Jonathan A. Thursby Executive Director, Head of CME Global Repository Services
Kirston Winters Managing Director, Co-Head of Product Management for MarkitSERV, IHS Markit
Daniel Maguire LCH Group Chief Operating Officer (COO), The London Stock Exchange Group
Olivier de Larouzire Managing Director Fixed Income, Natixis Asset Management
Brian Polk Leader, EMEA Financial Services Regulation, PwC