What is the fundamental role of shareholders? What are their rights and what are their responsibilities? Do shareholders act as responsible investors and responsible owners of the companies they invest in? Are shareholders interested in more than just money? What emphasis do they put on social, environmental and ethical issues?
- What do shareholders want from companies in which they invest?
- What is the real shareholder value?
- Is there a trade-off between profit and ethics or do these two aspects go hand in hand?
- Do shareholders use their voting power to push companies in a more responsible direction?
- Do shareholders take an enough long-term view?
- Do shareholder monitor closely enough the companies they have invested in?
Jeroen Hooijer Acting Director, Dir A – Civil Justice, DG JUST, European Commission
Graham Precey Head of CSR and Ethics, Legal & General
Guillaume Prache Managing Director, Better Finance For All
Olivier Boutellis-Taft Chief Executive, FEE – Federation of European Accountants
Moderator: Gilly Lord Head of Regulatory Affairs, PwC UK