14.00 – 14.30 Welcome coffee & registration
14.30 – 14.40 Moderator’s opening remarks
Possible discussion points:
- Should the regulation of Money Market Funds be harmonized on a European level?
- Do Money Market Funds represent a systemic risk?
- How can the risk of runs on Money Market Funds be reduced?
- Could the transparency of Money Market Funds be enhanced?
- Should regulation of Money Market Funds be differentiated between different types of MMFs (e.g. maturity or asset class)?
- Is there a need for a specific framework to address funds with constant net asset value, e.g. requiring them to adopt a variable net asset value or seek a limited-purpose banking license?
Neena Gill Member of the European Parliament, Rapporteur on Money Market Funds
Michael Wedow Principal Expert, Macro-Prudential Policy and Financial Stability, European Central Bank
Jennifer Gillespie Head of Money Markets, Legal & General Investment Management
Deborah A. Cunningham Executive Vice President, Senior Portfolio Manager, Chief Investment Officer, Global Money Markets, Federated Investors
Colin Tyler Chief Executive, The Association of Corporate Treasurers
Joseph Tanega Senior Lecturer International Financial Law, University of Westminster
Moderator: John Rega Chief Correspondent, Financial Services, MLex