28 June 2021 | 14.30 – 17.00 | Virtual networking from 14.00
14.30 – 14.35 Introductory remarks by moderator
14.35 – 15.10 Introductory remarks by speakers
15.10 – 16.10 Panel Discussion and Q&A
16.10 – 17.00 Virtual networking
• How do we make it possible for investors to redirect their investments towards more sustainable business and technologies?
• How do we ensure access to new sources of funding for green companies and technologies?
• The European Commission’s goal with the EU Taxonomy is that it should be a “robust, science-based transparency tool for companies and investors”. Does it hit the target?
• Does the EU Taxonomy succeed in sorting green form greenwashed?
• How can we avoid that activities not classified as green are mistaken to be unsustainable per se?
• Is the scope too narrow? How do we deal with activities that are not covered or do not meet the criteria?
• Is the binary nature of the taxonomy an issue?
• Are the taxonomy criteria clear and easy to apply? Do they avoid unnecessary administrative burden?
• Is the usability of the level of ambition of the criteria too high, too low or just about, right?
• Will the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD) succeed in making sustainability reporting by companies more consistent?
• Will CSRD provide financial firms, investors and the broader public with reliable and comparable sustainability information?
• Will CSRD succeed in building consensus around what sustainability information companies should disclose?
• What impact will CSRD have on companies’ reporting costs?
• Will the Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR) meet the objective to prevent greenwashing and to reorient capital towards more sustainable business?
• Will the common standards for disclosure set out in SFDR make investor better informed and able to compare?
• Not all companies that asset managers invest in make ESG data publicly available. How can this issue be solved?
Elena Arveras Policy Officer Non-Financial Reporting, European Commission
Elena Philipova ESG Global Head, Refinitiv, London Stock Exchange Group
Agathi Pafili Vice President, Europe government affairs, Capital Group
Kevin Bourne Vice President, Sustainable Finance, IHS Markit
Catherine Howarth Chief Executive, ShareAction
Patrick Stoeß EMEIA Wealth & Asset Management Sustainable Finance Leader, EY