Date: June 30, 2022
Venue: De Warande, Rue Zinner 1, 1000 Bruxelles
• What has been the impact of regulation on the payments landscape so far? What does the future hold?
• How can the regulation ensure a level playing field while at the same time promote innovation? What needs to change to meet these dual objectives?
• How will current initiatives, discussions and proposals reshape the regulatory landscape for EU Payments? (PSD2 review, EIP, EU sovereignty etc.).
• What should be prioritized going forward?
• Is digitalization of payments driving competition?
• Is the digital transformation being accelerated by regulatory change? Or is it hindering it?
• How is FinTech reshaping the payments industry?
• What will crypto and Digital Central Bank Currencies mean for the payments sector going
• What’s the current and future role of blockchain for cross-border payments?
• How can AI and robotics play a positive role in the future?
• What role will QR and instant payments have in the future?
• How can both security and convenience be ensured in the world of digital payments?
• What are the opportunities and challenges relating to data sharing and open finance?
13.00 – 13.30 Registration and welcome coffee
13.30 – 14.50 Session 1- Regulating EU payments
13.30 – 13.40 Moderator introductory remarks
13.40 – 13.50 Introductory remarks by Eric Ducoulombier
13.50 – 14.00 Introductory remarks by Dr Dirk Haubrich
14.00 – 14.50 Panel discussion
14.50 – 15.05 Coffee break
15.05 – 16.15 Session 2 – Digitalization of EU payments
15.05 – 15.15 Policy maker introductory remarks by Holger Neuhaus
15.15 – 16.15 Panel discussion
16.15 – 16.30 Coffee break
16.30 – 17:30 Session 3 The future of EU payments – C-level perspective
Eric Ducoulombier Head of Unit, Retail Financial Services, European Commission
Elie Beyrouthy Vice President, European Government Affairs, American Express
Dr Dirk Haubrich Head of Conduct, Payments and Consumers, European Banking Authority
Agustín Reyna Director, Legal and Economic Affairs, BEUC
Marta Testagrossa Senior Director, Payments EuropePanel 2 – Digitalization of EU payments
Holger Neuhaus Head of Division, DG Market Infrastructure & Payments, European Central Bank
Katarzyna Kobylinska-Hilliard Policy Officer, Retail Financial services, DG FISMA, European Commission
Dan Morgan Head of European Policy Lead, Plaid
Sacha Polverini VP Government Engagement, Europe, VISA
Agnès Bastaert Government Relations Director, EMEA, Ant GroupThe future of EU payments - C-level perspective
Tim Hermans Executive Director, National Bank of Belgium
Mark Barnett President, Mastercard Europe
Claus Richter Deputy CEO, P27 Nordic Payments
Lena Hackelöer Founder & CEO, Brite Payments
Jean Diacono General Manager Continental Europe, Global Merchant Services, American Express