Possible discussion points:
- Can the IORP Directive contribute to meeting the EU’s pension challenge?
- How can the governance and transparency of pension funds be improved?
- How can pension scheme members and beneficiaries be better informed and better protected?
- How could cybersecurity contribute to achieve the right conditions and a level playing field for digital networks and innovative services to flourish?
- How can obstacles to cross-border activities be removed?
- How can we ensure that supervisors have sufficient resources to supervise IORPs?
- How do we find the right balance between harmonization on the EU level and enough flexibility given to the member states to take into account the diversity of the pension systems across Europe?
- How could pension funds’ contribution to funding long-term growth be enhanced?
Mario Nava Director, Directorate D, DG FISMA, European Commission
Brian Hayes Member of the European Parliament, Rapporteur on IORP
Matti Leppälä Secretary General, CEO, PensionsEurope
Yacine Hassouna Head of ALM, Pensions & Funding, Alstom
Ellen Nygren Trade Union Official, The Swedish Trade Union Confederation, LO
Moderator: Liam Kennedy Editorial Director, IPE