25 September 2018, 14.30 – 16.45, registration and welcome coffee from 14.00
Spa 30, Rue de Spa 30, 1000 Brussels
- How transparent and clear are euro transaction fees in non-euro Member States today?
- What is the justification for higher prices for euro transactions between the euro area and outside the euro area?
- Should regulation mandate that these transactions should be priced as transactions in the local currency?
- Should transaction costs be regulated at the EU level or should it be left to the Member States?
- What are the potential benefits from the European Commission’s proposal? What are the costs? What are the benefits to businesses and SMEs?
- Is it sufficiently easy for consumer to make the best choice when it comes to currency conversion?
- Are the transparency and information obligation in PSD2 concerning currency conversion enough or are changes as now proposed by the commission necessary?
- How much time would the industry need to adapt to those changes?
- Is it technically and practically feasible to provide full information on the different currency conversion options at the point of sales?
- Are concerns that DCC services might mislead consumers justified?
- Does DCC increase competition and thereby allowing consumers to benefit from better currency conversions?
Ralf Jacob Head of Unit D3 – Retail Financial Services and Payments, DG FISMA, European Commission
Elie Beyrouthy Vice President, European Government Affairs, American Express
Dr Hartwig Gerhartinger Vice President Legal & Regulatory, Deputy General Counsel, Paysafe Group
Jean Allix Special Advisor, BEUC – The European Consumer Organisation
John Basquill Editor, Payments Compliance